Website address: www.goodreads.com (most general inquiries can be answered here)
Email address for general inquiries: https://www.goodreads.com/about/contact_us (for members)
- An international online reviewing community founded in 2007 by Otis and Elizabeth Chandler on the belief that “the right book in the right hands at the right time can change the world.”
- Now boasts 55 million members and over 50 million book reviews.
- Aims to bring together readers from all over the world to “help find and share the books they love.”
- KEY FEATURES
- “Shelving” and reviewing of books.
- Commenting on others’ reviews.
- Discussion and Book Groups for all types of genres, goals, and reading interests that include both international and localized, community-focused groups.
- Members can set a “reading challenge” of a number of books they want to read that year and the site keeps track of their book count, also allowing them to view friends’ challenges.
- Promotes the accessibility of honest and creative book reviews that help others in the community find their next favourite book and share the books they love.
- Promotes the interaction of authors and readers through the “Author Program” in which authors can set up an author page and interact directly with their readers—aims to expand and demystify the literary community.
Notable past and current activities:
- 2007: Founded by Otis and Elizabeth Chandler
- 2009: Launches first Goodreads “Readers Choice Awards”
- 2010: Launches “Do Good with Goodreads” Program
- 2013: Purchased by industry giant Amazon; institutes new “Review Guidelines”
Ways to get involved:
JOIN and SHARE! 55 million bookish friends are waiting for you!
Information compiled by Eden Church.